Christian makes a terrible decision.
After meeting Mr. Worldly Wiseman and listening to his advice, Christian wanders from The Path. Fear and regret fill his life until he meets Evangelist who gives him a firm rebuke.
1. Why do you think Bunyan chose the name “Worldly Wiseman”?
2. What was his advice?
3. How might morality and civility offer false hope in alleviating the burden of sin?
4. Evangelist rebukes Christian with various verses of scripture. Which was your favorite?
5. How does the Word of God keep us on the right path?
6. What worldly advice have people given you?
Videos are posted at least once a week – usually by Friday afternoon. Subscribe at the bottom of the home page.
*Read with permission from the publisher. Order the book here.
Mark Vroegop is the Lead Pastor of College Park Church in Indianapolis. He’s the author of Dark Clouds, Deep Mercy: Discovering the Grace of Lament, the ECPA 2020 Christian Book of the Year and Weep with Me: How Lament Opens a Door for Racial Reconciliation.