After Obstinate departs, Christian and Pliable continue their journey.
They fall into the Swamp of Despondence, a discouraging and overwhelming experience that creates a defining moment.
1. What “issues” run into the Swamp of Despondence?
2. Why do you think Bunyan put the Swamp early in Christian’s journey?
3. Why did Pliable abandon Christian?
4. When do you face seasons of despondence?
5. What or who helps you in those seasons?
Videos are posted at least once a week – usually by Friday afternoon. Subscribe at the bottom of the home page.
*Read with permission from the publisher. Order the book here.
Mark Vroegop is the Lead Pastor of College Park Church in Indianapolis. He’s the author of Dark Clouds, Deep Mercy: Discovering the Grace of Lament, the ECPA 2020 Christian Book of the Year and Weep with Me: How Lament Opens a Door for Racial Reconciliation.