Christian begins his long, spiritual journey.
Receiving instruction from Evangelist, he makes his way toward “The Gate,” while accompanied by Obstinate and Pliable.
1. Why is it significant that John Bunyan wrote Pilgrim’s Progress in prison?
2. Why do you think the first character is called “Evangelist”?
3. What does it mean to be obstinate? What other words would describe this character?
4. What does it mean to be pliable? What other words might be used to describe him?
5. What do you hope to learn from Pilgrim’s Progress?
Videos are posted at least once a week – usually by Friday afternoon. Subscribe at the bottom of the home page.
*Read with permission from the publisher. Order the book here.
Mark Vroegop is the Lead Pastor of College Park Church in Indianapolis. He’s the author of Dark Clouds, Deep Mercy: Discovering the Grace of Lament, the ECPA 2020 Christian Book of the Year and Weep with Me: How Lament Opens a Door for Racial Reconciliation.