After learning a hard lesson, Christian makes his way to the Narrow Gate. He meets Goodwill and rehearses the challenges of his journey before leaving for the house of the Interpreter.
1. Why is the character called Goodwill?
2. What is the significance of the arrows which are shot at those trying to enter the gate?
3. Christian reviews his journey with Goodwill. Which lesson is the most instructive for you?
4. What was Goodwill’s hope-filled message?
5. What do you love about Pilgrim’s Progress at this point in our journey?
Videos are posted at least once a week – usually by Friday afternoon. Subscribe at the bottom of the home page.
*Read with permission from the publisher. Order the book here.
Mark Vroegop is the Lead Pastor of College Park Church in Indianapolis. He’s the author of Dark Clouds, Deep Mercy: Discovering the Grace of Lament, the ECPA 2020 Christian Book of the Year and Weep with Me: How Lament Opens a Door for Racial Reconciliation.