Christian leaves Goodwill and enters the home of Interpreter.
Once inside, he encounters various object lessons which are designed to both encourage and warn him.
Note: This chapter is longer than most (16:00) and contains strong warnings.
1. Which object lesson did you find most instructive?
2. Some of the lessons are a bit scary. Why would the Bible record warnings like these?
3. Why do you think Bunyan included these lessons so early in his allegory?
4. Who is a person who provides helpful warnings in your life?
5. Can you think of an example where you didn’t listen?
6. How should we pray in light of these warnings?
Videos are posted at least once a week – usually by Friday afternoon. Subscribe at the bottom of the home page.
*Read with permission from the publisher. Order the book here.
Mark Vroegop is the Lead Pastor of College Park Church in Indianapolis. He’s the author of Dark Clouds, Deep Mercy: Discovering the Grace of Lament, the ECPA 2020 Christian Book of the Year and Weep with Me: How Lament Opens a Door for Racial Reconciliation.